|View single post by JAMMAN|
|Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 10:49 am||
Owns A Torsen
Joined: Mon Sep 18th, 2017
Reputation Points: 8387
Plus the the gt40p heads 0n the 97.5-up spark plug angle is different and causes a problem with header selection
First off I have an early 97 5.0 with non P heads already planted in the first ranger, it's a 2wd coil spring, I have a 96 4R70W from a 2WD expo mounted to it.
The non P heads were intentional due to the header rumors BUT.....
1. Have always wondered that, especially after searching for almost a year looking for torque monsters just to find a set of FMS headers allegedly appropriate for either P or non P heads. When I put them on I thought "Wow it wouldn't matter what angle the plug came out at I bet I could get a boot on there". But who am I? :)
2. Didn't exactly know that, my 2wd ranger is returnless and the setup on the motor is return. I would rather swap out the rails and run returnless but was cautioned against it. Running the return and taking the regulator off the fuel pump seems like so much work. One member here (Doc I believe) did run the return.
3. That's why I had to buy a 4.0 explorer to get a 4.10!!! You would not believe the amount of door tags I looked at.
4. Was originally scared of this one of the reasons I went with a 97 donor AND my 2000 ranger 2wd was a 4 cyl so there was no pats either.
5. Running a Hayden remote oil filter, already on there.
6. Doesn't scare me at all, there are SOOOO many ways to get a speed signal.
7. Using 96 2wd trans, 97 PCM, no problem? All the sensors bolted right up, harness was identical to the 4wd tranny I threw away unfortunately.
8. This I headed into the project fully aware of. I have a picture of the stock manifold posted somewhere here it is a joke.
9. My first one is very close to being done, I will plan the second one much more carefully. The 96 donor I was thinking for the second one. When the first one is drivable, I'll drive it and start on the second one if time/money permits. I would really like to find a 2000 though for the second one I think it would be an easier swap due to the fuel pressure/pats/vss thing.
00 XLT 2WD RCSB 5.0 swap Gherkin
00 XLT 4WD XCSB 4.0 G2
00 XLT 4WD RCSB Steppie 3.blown. Mistake
00 XLT 4WD RCSB 3.GO! Jalapeño
I don't wear a mask and I have no regrets (Brent Smith)