Hails from the land of rust!
Joined: Sat Oct 21st, 2017
Reputation Points: 2163
|So i have a conundrum, and i'm not necessarily looking to change things *just* yet, but these are thoughts i'm mulling over in my head....
1) I have a Ranger that is working well.
2) It's 4x2 when ideally i want it to be 4x4 (or at the very least, not an open diff)
3) I don't have much/any spare money right now.
4) I have an older 350z that is just sitting there not getting used anymore, i like it, however it's not worth much in terms of resale these days.
5) Having a V8 again would be nice, i miss the sound.
I really would like to do something about getting 4x4 - it could be an F150, but it seems i'd be stuck with auto trans (not the end of the world) and maybe a mid 2000's model, but they're all still expensive.
I could get another Ranger that's already 4x4, but if i do that, it'd ideally need to be a 2006 or newer model, then i could get a manual trans. Seems these aren't what i would call reasonably priced either.
I think once i finish cleaning it up, the 350z might net me 5k-ish, i think KBB rates my current Ranger at 4k-ish. From what i'm seeing, that doesn't really get me much in the way of a reasonable F150, or newer Ranger.
I don't particularly want to sell the 350z, especially as it's almost to the point of being worth more to have, than to sell. However, i can't ignore the fact that i haven't driven it in 3 years and that i should at least have something that is more useful to me (something i'd get more use out of)
Anyway, that's just a whole lot of mess, thoughts and frowning.
2002 - 3.0 - 4x2 - Edge