Ford-Rangers.com Ranger Forum HomeFord-Rangers.com Ranger Forum Home
Home Recent Topics New posts Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Ford-rangers.com is a discussion forum, a Ranger forum for people who have questions about fixing or modifying
their Ford Rangers or people who just admire their Ranger. Please join and enjoy sharing experiences!

Explorer wheels on a ranger       #: 1288
 Moderated by: NoPower, Mike69, MaDMaXX
New Topic Reply
 Rate Topic 
 Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 02:36 am
PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Eddie Money
Member


Joined: Mon Nov 13th, 2017
Posts: 1296
Name: 
Occupation: 
Interests: Burt gummer life
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 2281
We swap a lot from explorers and a few other models. The other day I saw a newer explorer with these. So I'm curious if these fit 3rd gen rangers.



____________________












I know my crazy! Do you?
2007 Sport 4door 4x4 4.0L SOHC V6 Ranger
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 02:40 am
PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Eddie Money
Member


Joined: Mon Nov 13th, 2017
Posts: 1296
Name: 
Occupation: 
Interests: Burt gummer life
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 2281
They remind me of these with a modern twist

Attachment: Screenshot_20180925-193937_Gallery.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)



____________________












I know my crazy! Do you?
2007 Sport 4door 4x4 4.0L SOHC V6 Ranger
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 07:35 am
PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Undrstm8ed
Seasoned...


Joined: Sat Oct 21st, 2017
Posts: 1256
Name: 
Occupation: 
Interests: Life, Experiences, and adventures.
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 1886
Eddie Money wrote:
We swap a lot from explorers and a few other models. The other day I saw a newer explorer with these. So I'm curious if these fit 3rd gen rangers.

What year are you specifically trying to compare?



____________________
"Be never first, never last and never noticed." - Unknown

"The slave is held most securely when he is held by the chains of his own will and of his own fears, and when he is locked down by his own slavish desires for a comfortable life." - Michael Bunker

"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur" - ~ attributed to Petronius (Gaius Petronius Arbiter (ca. 27–66 AD))
Roman courtier during the reign of Nero.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine


~ Undrstm8ed Truckumentry Write Up Pg.

~ Undrstm8ed Trailermentry Write Up Pg.
.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 10:13 am
PM Quote Reply
4th Post
JAMMAN

Owns A Torsen


Joined: Mon Sep 18th, 2017
Location: Grove City OhioUSA
Posts: 5703
Name: Jim
Occupation: Design and Innovation
Interests: RBV's, Computers
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 9232
They will fit but it is the "offset" that worries me, 44MM is a lot and since it doesn't say negative it probably means it is going inward.

So the entire... tire will go inward about 1-3/4"

Will it work? Worst case scenario is you would be forced to use wheel spacers to keep it from rubbing in extreme turns.

They do look really cool perhaps you could get one scarred up cheap from a bone yard to put on the front and just turn it extreme both ways as a test.



____________________
Truth sounds like hate for those who hate truth.

00 XLT 4WD RCSB 3.GO! Jalapeño
01 XLT 2WD RC Steppie 3.0 auto Silver
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2018 02:15 pm
PM Quote Reply
5th Post
black06xlt
salvage auto dismantler


Joined: Sat Nov 25th, 2017
Location: Flushing OhioUSA
Posts: 1682
Name: 
Occupation: 
Interests: my wife my kids ford rangers
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 3662
The bolt pattern is the same but the back spacing is way off. I tried a set on my wife's sport trac they wont fit the front



____________________
2006 ranger xlt ext cab 4x4 4.0 auto
1992 ranger xlt reg cab 2wd 2.3 5 spd (SOLD)
1996 explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD sold
1995 ranger splash reg cab 2wd 2.3 5 spd
2001 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0 4x4 auto
1998 Ranger XLT ext cab 4x4 4.0 auto
2000 Ranger XLT ext cab 4x4 4.0 5 speed
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 02:15 am
PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Eddie Money
Member


Joined: Mon Nov 13th, 2017
Posts: 1296
Name: 
Occupation: 
Interests: Burt gummer life
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 2281
JAMMAN wrote:
They will fit but it is the "offset" that worries me, 44MM is a lot and since it doesn't say negative it probably means it is going inward.

So the entire... tire will go inward about 1-3/4"

Will it work? Worst case scenario is you would be forced to use wheel spacers to keep it from rubbing in extreme turns.

They do look really cool perhaps you could get one scarred up cheap from a bone yard to put on the front and just turn it extreme both ways as a test.

Good idea. I was mostly curious about the bolt pattern being the same. I'm just looking at all my options when I start my build. Thank you all!



____________________












I know my crazy! Do you?
2007 Sport 4door 4x4 4.0L SOHC V6 Ranger
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 07:18 am
PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Mike69

Mustang Nut


Joined: Sun Oct 22nd, 2017
Location: Toms River  New JerseyUSA
Posts: 1510
Name: Mike
Occupation: Merchandising
Interests: Vintage Mustangs, RBV's, car shows, & woodworking
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 2705
I had to use one of my old stock 00 Ranger wheels on my wife's 99 Explorer Sport, same wheel.



____________________
08 Escape 4x4(spare)
00 Ranger Extd Cab 4x4 4.0 OHV, Auto(My DD)
99 Explorer Sport 4x4 4.0 SOHC, Auto( Wife's DD)
69 Mustang Coupe 5.0, 5 spd(Project & my future toy)
14 Kawasaki Vulcan (Wife's Toy)
Splitting time between southern NJ & Southern Virginia.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2018 10:01 am
PM Quote Reply
8th Post
JAMMAN

Owns A Torsen


Joined: Mon Sep 18th, 2017
Location: Grove City OhioUSA
Posts: 5703
Name: Jim
Occupation: Design and Innovation
Interests: RBV's, Computers
Status: 
Offline
Reputation: 
Reputation Points: 9232
Eddie Money wrote:
JAMMAN wrote:

They will fit but it is the "offset" that worries me, 44MM is a lot and since it doesn't say negative it probably means it is going inward.

So the entire... tire will go inward about 1-3/4"

Will it work? Worst case scenario is you would be forced to use wheel spacers to keep it from rubbing in extreme turns.

They do look really cool perhaps you could get one scarred up cheap from a bone yard to put on the front and just turn it extreme both ways as a test.

Good idea. I was mostly curious about the bolt pattern being the same. I'm just looking at all my options when I start my build. Thank you all!

Bolt pattern definitely 100% the same.



____________________
Truth sounds like hate for those who hate truth.

00 XLT 4WD RCSB 3.GO! Jalapeño
01 XLT 2WD RC Steppie 3.0 auto Silver
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:07 am Top  

Ford-Rangers.com Ranger Forum > Tech Section > Wheels and Tires > Explorer wheels on a ranger

Users viewing this topic



© 2007-2020 Chris -N- Jim
Page processed in 0.1977 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 57 queries executed.