Owns A Torsen
Joined: Mon Sep 18th, 2017
Occupation: 5 axis cnc programmer
Reputation Points: 9633
|I soaked the bushings in WD and the squeak stopped. Just hadn't been driven for a while.
Brought temp plates home, drove it around for a little. Real smooth, clutch and tranny feel solid, no grinding or clicking or other crap.
So I have my list of things to fix before I sell it, some rangerish some just needed.
1. Power steering pump has to go. I have one at work but don't know the condition, it was almost 200,000 miles also. What can I fit on there.... does it have to be 98 thru 2000 4 cyl or is there a lower mile alternative? Goal.. selling not driving. Radio is so loud can't hear the steering. It felt a little choppy first few turns but after circulating it felt just fine but still made noise.
2. Has the 2 speed fan only, pigtail on order as I already have a new resistor in stock LOL.
3. e-brake spring weak, will not return to top leaving light on. Will the one off my 99 expo work?
4. Needs dome light. I'll hack the one in out of the expo.
5. The alarm system don't lock the passenger door, there is something broken to the lock knob.
6. Radio bezel needs switched out.
7. AC cycles but does work. Last time this happened on a ranger it was "too full" but will see, we have a machine at work.
That's about all, it is completely drivable as it stands. Goes straight, seems in balance, I actually like the feel of the wheel spacers might keep them (sorry).
If I were keeping it I would do a lot more to it but I intend on selling it or trading it for a 4wd ranger with a screwed up motor or a motorcycle.
Seems to happen every few years I find a vehicle for just a few hundred and don't have to put much in it. I have about 650 in this one and I would drive it out of state in a minute.
I found a saturn SL2 one time for 400 and cleaned the throttle body, changed the crank sensor and drove it to KY from Ohio. Drove it over a year back and forth to work.
Bought a corsica one time for 200 bucks, towed it home, replaced 2 injectors and drove it for a couple years. Sold that one for a grand.
00 XLT 4WD RCSB 3.GO! Jalapeño
01 XLT 2WD RC Steppie 3.0 auto Silver
The future belongs to those who show up.